Introducing La Chartreuse de Cos d’Estournel. In the heart of the Domaine de Cos d’Estournel, Grand Cru Classé Saint-Estèphe, is a private châteaux available to our clients offering the unique experience of living the life of a winemaker in an authentic setting. This elegant châteaux is a true refuge of understated luxury, allowing you to experience châteaux life first hand. To enhance this unique experience, the stay includes a full time chef, who will prepare cuisine matched with the property’s superb wines. There are two suites and 6 bedrooms, a library, a dining room, a lounge, an indoor swimming pool, a gym and a steam room. The terrace, with superb views of the garden and the outdoor swimming pool, is also at your disposal for your meals.
During your stay, the home will be yours to host your 16 guests on your own.
- Having exclusive use of this charming and elegant family home where your tailor made experience will include full use of the library, six bedrooms, two suites, indoor swimming pool and cellar, etc.
- Having lunch in the dining room or on the terrace with a feast based on market produce concocted by the chef at La Chartreuse de Cos d’Estournel.
- Heading off to see the vineyards and the Châteaux de Cos d’Estournel, accompanied by the Technical Director.
- After visiting the wine storehouse, you’re offered a tasting session of the estate’s vintages.
- Back at La Chartreuse, share a relaxing moment at the indoor pool and hammam.
- Dinner is now served. The chef, who has trained with some of the best cooks in France, offers gastronomic cuisine prepared with local ingredients, dishes will be artfully paired with wines.
Domaines Reybier consists of four separate vineyards:
The vineyards for Cos d’Estournel and Châteaux Marbuzet, both located in Saint Estèphe, were joined in 2003 by Goulée, located in the Médoc appellation, and a vineyard of white wine grapes located in the north of the Médoc and from which Cos d’Estournel Blanc and Goulée Blanc were created in 2005.
These vineyards are meticulously managed with a view to producing the highest possible quality wines.
Discoveries & Excursions.
An excursion to the bay of Arcachon. Between the land and the sea, let yourself be beguiled by these wild landscapes that change constantly with the light. Behold the sky and the majestic birds migrating, the seasons unfold.
* Lunch in the waters of the Banc d’Arguin on board a pinasse, the traditional fishing boat of the region. On the menu: fresh oysters accompanied by a white wine from Cos d’Estournel.
* Or flight followed by a distinctive pause for lunch at Chez Hortense in Cap Ferret, right on the beach.
On the Route des Châteaux.
Take off in a helicopter to discover the beauty and authenticity of the Bordeaux châteaux.
* Flight over the châteaux of Bordeaux, Left Bank and Right bank.
* Lunch in Saint-Emilion to savour the gastronomic products of the region.
* Discover the secrets of Saint-Emilion, its famous vineyards, the streets of its medieval city and its mysterious underground monuments and their hidden treasures. Here you will find miles of underground tunnels that became stone quarries and cellars.
A Date in Bordeaux. Stroll for a few hours in this town full of character and lose yourself in its streets which have so many stories to tell .
* Sail sedately down the river.
* Discover the architectural marvels of the town center.
* Lunch in a charming Bordeaux bistro.
* Enjoy a shopping session in some of the town’s great shops.
Excursions organized exclusively for you and your guests. Prices on request.
All photos provided with express permission of La Chartreuse.