In five to 21 days, a butterfly stays inside their chrysalis or cocoon and transform over time to become a moth or butterfly. The magic within the cocoon has not translated quite as well with our own cocoon or shelter in place process. We are just emerging from over 60 days of quarantine and the Pandemic Cocoon is bursting with clients craving travel or at least seeking a fresh horizon. After sheltering at home with work and family responsibilities, we mourn our long planned exotic summer Journeys, all cancelled and everyone in need of a protected escape.
We spent two weeks in quest of an elusive coastal beach house, we felt it was a jester’s dream, the client gave up the idea of driving to the sea and we uncovered several sensational Right Coast compounds. In the hunt, we rounded up a secluded private ranch in Colorado, a buy out at a former Rockefeller Adirondack Great Camp on Saranac Lake, had options at an amazing western ranch in Santa Fe – if you are looking for isolated exclusives there isn’t much left for summer in the U.S. Yacht charters vary, as the sea borders off the east coast open up, call to discuss options!
Hotels – a few of our VV Favorite are open now! Hotel Bel Air and The Beverly Hills Hotel, with numerous isolated bungalows and suites are safe steps back into civilization, the pool is open, restaurants are slowly opening with limited seating. Our Diamond Club Membership assures best of stay amenities! Spa service at all hotels may not open until end of summer. https://www.gwenbooks.com/2020/03/state-of-emergency-why-not-stay-awhile/https://www.gwenbooks.com/2018/05/hotel-bel-air-brief-break/
UPDATE ON opening The Beverly Hills Hotel
Wednesday, June 3: Soft Opening, Hotel Guests Only
Sunday, June 7: Full Re-Opening, All Guests Welcome
Hours of Operation:
Polo Lounge 8am-10pm
Cabana Café 10am-5pm
• Reservations are highly suggested due to our limited seating capacity with a max party size of 6 people
• There is no bar seating available and all guests are required to order food (no parties for “drinks only”)
• Guests are required to wear facial coverings at all times other than when they are seated at their tables
• Fountain Coffee Shop and Bar Nineteen12 will remain closed until further notice
• The swimming pool remains open and available to our guests 10am-5pm only so that social distancing guidelines can be enforced by our lifeguard and security team.
• Pool Cabanas will remain complimentary on a first come, first served basis until further notice.
• We are working on finalizing menus and will get them updated on the website ASAP.
Currently with the existing restrictions we will not be opening the Bar and Lounge.
• June 3, Wednesday – Soft opening inviting hotel guests only at WP restaurant.
• June 7, Sunday- Full re-opening for WP restaurant and opening the “Garden/Fireplace Bar” which is a new estate dining area designed to extend the bar and lounge to our grounds – all guests welcome.
Hours of Operation:
WP restaurant 7:00 am – 11:00 am breakfast, 11:00-3:00 pm Lunch, 5:00 – 10:00 pm dinner
Garden Bar 2:00 pm- 10:00 pm
• As we are following social distancing protocols we have limited seating in the restaurant so reservations are highly recommended for all guests.
• Facial coverings are required for all guests entering and dining and can only be removed once they are seated at their tables.
• Max party size at our tables is currently 6 and under.
• The pool is open for swimming with food and beverage available from 9:00 am- 5:00 pm.
Malibu Beach Inn – while it doesn’t offer bungalows, the sea air, delicious farm to table dining and beach walks are guaranteed to provide a stress-free escape. I’ve stayed several times and absolutely adore this sweet property. The Northwest corner room has divine views, one-bedroom suite is a bit larger, but all rooms are simply scrumptious – take me to the beach! If you drive, make it a coastal drive from the bay area and stop in Santa Barbara and Montecito. https://www.gwenbooks.com/2019/10/malibu-beach-inn/
Montecito – Santa Barbara. Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara, an enchanting escape, the divine combination of secluded garden casitas and the Coral Casino pool complex will surely suffice on a toasty sunny day. Oh, and the recently opened Ty Warner Villa – unique beachfront hideaway! Within the main building, we recently reserved the best ocean view rooms, 702 and 703. Our darling British clients raved about the comfort and the views, ‘brilliant and immensely happy’ was their actual description! Tucked between the Pacific and the Santa Ynez Mountains, a historic hideaway on the American Riviera. Set within 22 lush acres, woven with secluded courtyards, fountains and sun-dappled, red-brick pathways lit by gas lanterns, our Spanish Colonial villas and bungalows invoke the same casual glamour that first delighted Hollywood’s power players in the 1930. Particular suites include access to the famed Coral Casino Club. Think South of France setting, take a dip in one of the largest hotel swimming pools in the world – or just sunbathe beside it, overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Channel Islands from the second-story, peninsula sundeck. Sip a cocktail up in the Crow’s Nest, enjoy a soak in the oceanfront whirlpool, then walk down to Butterfly Beach through the Club’s private, gated stairway.
Further afield: Four Seasons Maldives Private Island – Voavah. A heavenly hideaway, a sublime sanctuary offering the utmost in privacy and iconic Four Seasons pampering at the world’s first exclusive-use UNESCO hideaway, Voavah. A seven-bedroom private island Maldives home, the sojourn includes a 62-foot luxury yacht: Voavah Summer and a marine territory that’s utterly your own! Voavah, private island is a welcome addition to the two luxurious Four Seasons Resorts in the Maldives.
Our mantra on the art of the opening act, your arrival sets the stage: with a personal VIP Seaplane, alighting on the pristine pure white sand, your private beach! Tip toe over the scuttling white shelled hermit crabs and the delicious dilemma develops, what shall you do first: laps in the pool, a discovery afternoon of diving or casting, or snooze until sunset? Decisions, decisions!
Sneak peek: accommodating up to 22 guests in seven bedrooms, with its own chefs, staff, private spa, and a 65-foot-long PADI equipped motor yacht with a dedicated dive master. This extraordinary five-acre, island paradise is your private playground – retreat or indulge in the total privacy as a castaway!
Border status changes every day, our clients are not ready to leave for far flung out of country destinations yet, but if high-end properties and Villas for summer are sold out, we would advise you think of Festive Season asap… High on my list for December is Bhutan, time to trek!
Be well, we are ready to plan your dream Journeys!